Friday, May 15, 2009

Midgets and Beer


Sometimes in life you come across something so special that you just have to stop and take a picture. (Admittedly, for me this seems to be the norm and not the exception.) Casin point: Midgets Lounge.

I happened upon this lovely establishment on my way home from Panama City. I truly don't know what that says about Tallahassee, Panama City or the dark places in between - but I'm guessing it isn't good.

So, what happened to the politically correct term "little people?" Are these the angry midgets that aim to defy these so-called small rules? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to venture in. And no, it wasn't because I'm over five foot - rather the doors were locked. But it did beg the question, would I be allowed in? Better yet, do you think they have high-top tables inside?

I'd personally like to shake hands with the owner of this place. It's a bold move. Attention-grabbing to say the least. After all, I drove by Midgets Lounge with my jaw on the floor. Turned around and went back for a picture. Next time I'm hoping for a nice tall beer.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think there was a big stink about that on Celebrity Apprentice.

lyn33 said...

I'm from PC and I couldn't even count the number of times I have driven by there. I heard on the news last year that someone was murdered there. No Joke!

P.S. I can honestly say that out of all the times that I have passed it, I have never noticed anyone going in or coming out but I have always seen tons of cars and motorcycles outside. Can midgets ride a motorcycle?