Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tacos and Chocolate?


Some things in life just seem to "fit." Peanut butter and Jelly. Red beans and Rice. Mac and Cheese. Even a Wendy's Frosty and French Fries (although that might be stretching it a bit for some).

But what about tacos and chocolate?
(Don't throw up just yet.) A good friend recently introduced me to the infamous "Choco Taco."

As, I am quickly schooled in the oddly flavored world of the Choco Taco, I learn that the "taco" is actually all for looks. No ground beef and Tabasco sauce found in this treat my compadres. It's 100% ice cream. Apparently people like devouring a delectable dessert shaped like something they may have just had for dinner?

I'd personally like to meet the genius that thought the concept of mixing chocolate and tacos would be a big money maker. Perhaps that's the reason it took us five convenient stores to effectively locate and one and only: Choco Taco. (Although as you can tell from the picture - it seems the wild goose chase was well worth it - considering it curbed the 'ever so hard to satisfy' taco shaped addiction.)

Perhaps these chocolate loving taco eaters are all that's needed to keep the trend alive. I feel like you all deserve medals or something of the sort. Eat on Choco Taco lovers, eat on.

4 comments:

Strictly Social said...

So I never had one of these Choco Tacos but I can definitely relate to the Wendy's frosty and french fries!

michelle marts said...

Um. Everyone likes Wendy's frosty and french fries!

My mom used to get these choco tacos for us when we were kids...so freaking good! Don't knock 'em!!! haha

Jacob said...

I'm not surprised you like choco tacos, seeing as how you like the unbelievably disgusting chicken bisquits.

Suzanne said...

I love the topics you choose to blog on. It really makes me laugh. Yes, I used to like Checker's fries with a shake. I do not know if that chain even exists anymore. Never had the Choco Taco though.