Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Whale of a Time


Today, I had the distinct pleasure of driving by one of the most divine and intriguingly bizarre front yards in Tallahassee. Dare I say....I had a whale of a time. Yes, look closely. Not just one gigantic, plastic whale spouting water while frolicking about in the grass. No my friends, an entire family of whales. Babies, daddies, mommies. Driving by this yard I practically feel like I'm in the middle of the deep blue. Who wouldn't?

Can you imagine waking up to this scene every morning? I wonder if they have names.

What's even more ironic is that my husband has a somewhat fabricated "fear" of whales. As we drove by, I had to look over just to be certain he wasn't having a heart attack. Can you see that headline? "Tallahassee resident dies while driving by whale yard. Wife quoted saying: I never thought I had to worry about his fear of whales on land."

Hats off to fake whales and the people who keep them as pets.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Holy Captain Ahab, Batman! I wonder what the neighbors think of that display.

Looks like we've entered the Blogosphere at about the same time. Happy blogging!

michelle marts said...

haha I love that yard!

shekira said...

Whales don't have dorsal fins! I think you've got some dolphins mixed in there. ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww missing Tally already!! The Whale yard should be like a tourist stop on a map of Tallahassee!

The Couch Commando said...

Nice, I didn't know you were casing the yard to steal those for your own yard. Don't let TPD find out!

Suzanne said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! What a great post!

Trish Rodriguez said...

You did it! haha. I can't believe you went without me:(