Monday, February 16, 2009

Seeing Double

Is there a new potty-sharing trend that I'm not aware of? On a recent road trip, I happened upon a gas station bathroom which defied all logic. Two toilets. No wall. Double the fun - in the restroom? I don't think so.

To be clear, this was not a family restroom. All signs indicated that I was in a ladies-only facility. So the question remains....why?


A construction project gone wrong? Horrible practical joke?


At this point in time, I don't think women are prepared to sit and sing kumbaya while taking care of business. Although, perhaps this jarring concept would significantly cut down on those ridiculously long wait times. What takes ladies so long anyhow?

Nevertheless - I chose to fly solo in this double porcelain. Bathroom sharing is something I intend on leaving to the guys.

4 comments:

shekira said...

I think this style of bathroom should be called "Drunken Girl Group Bathroom" and should only be seen in bars. Drunk girls seem to have no problem with peeing in unison. This would certainly speed up the wait time when 5 or 6 of them enter the bathroom at a time. But where was this? A gas station? Poor form.

Kelly Robertson said...

Haha - I like it. By the way, your profile pic with Lucy's funny face fits this story perfectly!!

Suzanne said...

That is really crazy. I would be flying solo as well!

flboybill said...

Since I'm a little smarty boy, I know the answer, and you should, too Kelly. However, I don't want to mess with drunken girl group therapy...way, way too sacred.